Monday 22 June 2020

You came alone, and you will leave alone



I remembered during my high school days when students (myself inclusive), together in groups, would misbehave and caused awful lots of troubles on campus. We did these thinking that is how high school must be or that is the trend because everyone is doing it. It was fun (I must confess, lol!).
But one day, one teacher, whom we deemed a comedian because of his old age, alcoholism, style of dressing and way of life in general, said something that will remain with me for the rest of my life: “You came alone, and you will leave alone.”.
You see, we have several denominations of churches across the world and surprisingly, each one of them has their set of belief systems. But the bible is one. More worrying is that individuals in such groups or denominations never ask themselves deep and important questions that matter to anyone who calls him/herself a Christian.
If you are asked: “If Jesus comes right now that you are reading this piece, are you certain that you will be one of those who will be lifted with him to heaven?”. If your response is not convincingly YES, you are in trouble. You do not have to answer me, but deep within your heart, answer yourself. If you still think you must confess your sins to get them forgiven; if you think some things are lacking that you need to fix before, hmmm! I am sorry.
God is not a respecter of persons; that is our positions, ranks, talents, achievements, etc., are useless before Him. [Rom 2:11].
In lev 19:2,” Speak unto all the congregation of the children of Israel, and say unto them, Ye shall be holy: for I, the LORD your God am holy.” – You must be holy.
In Psalm 118:20 “This gate of the LORD, into which the righteous shall enter.” – You must be righteous and in Matthew 5:48, “Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.”. – You must be perfect.
These are the states that we (humans) need to have to enter heaven. But we all know that we have all fallen from grace. Some people will say “...but we are all sinners”. The truth is, there are righteous, perfect, and holy people right here on earth. “But how? I also believe in Jesus. Why am I not holy, righteous, and perfect like God? Am I believing Jesus wrong?”. Truth be told, Yes, you are believing wrong. In fact, you do not even believe him. If you really believe, if you really respect the blood of Jesus, you should also be righteous, holy, and perfect such as God is. You should have no sins.
The purpose Jesus came into this world is to take away all your sins. “And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.” [Matthew 1:21]. And he did and said in John, it is finished “When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.”[John 19:30].
“Behold, for peace I had great bitterness: but thou hast in love to my soul delivered it from the pit of corruption: for thou hast cast all my sins behind thy back.”[Isaiah 38:17] and “Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God. Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned: for she hath received of the LORD'S hand double for all her sins.” [Isaiah 40:1-2]. Also, “As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.” [Ps. 103:12]. I will not comment here.
While I have more to say, I would like to conclude with “And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.” [Heb. 10:17-18]. No more sin offering (In today’s term, no more prayer for the forgiveness of sin) and remember, “You came alone, and you will leave alone.”.
Let’s keep hope alive y’all.

No comments:

Post a Comment